Business Development Intern, Akimbo
NYC startup Akimbo is currently looking to hire a business development intern immediately. Akimbo is a job-matching service specifically for diverse candidates, including LGBT individuals, people of color, and women.
Have you ever wanted to be a part of something that has a visible and immediate impact? Or do you believe in owning what you build? Maybe you're looking for a place that will challenge you to improve every day. If so, we think you’ll feel right at home with us at Akimbo.
• Identify and evaluate specific business opportunities and market trends.
• Recognize, build and manage new partnerships with organizations working on the cause of LGBT equality.
• Proficient with social media, especially LinkedIn and Twitter.
• Strategic thinker with a natural flair for networking and relationship building.
• Exceptional writing/editing abilities and understanding of Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator and Microsoft Office Suite.
Overall, we are looking for a candidate who has exceptional abilities to convey Akimbo’s story and help us expand our operations.
If you are independent, adaptable, motivated and are interested in growing your network, this is the right job for you!
Besides professional development, we will provide you with an office, coffee/drinks, and references/connections to other companies in the NYC startup community.
For this internship, we require at least 15 hours per week, but we are flexible. Most work can be done remotely, but we require some in-person meetings with the team.
Please email email@example.com for more information.